It is with much sadness the Town Mill has learned of the death of Caroline Warne who passed away on the 23rd March 2021. The cherished wife of Godfrey Thomas who was for 10 years this century, chair of the Town Mill Trust.
Godfrey lists her many achievements but seems most was proud of their long and happy marraige resulting in two well adjusted and happy daughters. She was a loving and generous granny, thoughtful about presents and cards. She maintained a loving and loyal network of friends. She was very positive (including in the face of severe illness) helping many loved ones resolve problems, providing different viewpoints and creative approaches.
Godfrey goes on to list her career achievements:
- Gaining admission to Girton College, Cambridge, with a State Scholarship.
- Chairing Grange Nursery PTA.
- Setting up a data collection system for home accidents that affected future standards of multiple appliances used in the home.
- Leading COPOLCO (ISO’s Consumer Policy Committee) from 2002-2006 and having a lasting effect on customer involvement on standards-making.
- Being awarded an OBE.
- Being a magistrate for 20 years, making compassionate judgements especially in Domestic and Juvenile courts.
- Creating and delivering a course in applied psychology in marketing and business, combining theoretical and practical work. This was particularly stimulating for BAME students with non-British cultures.
In Godfrey’s words she was vivacious, stylish, always well turned out and beautiful! With Caroline’s support he was able to devote an enormous amount of time and energy to the Town Mill project, not least of which was acquiring the Malthouse for the Trust.
Anyone who would like to send their condolences to Godfrey can obtain his address from Hilary Highet by emailing email@example.com