Town Mill Galleries Open Exhibition 7th August -23rd August
Town Mill Galleries Lyme Regis are inviting all artists to submit work for our Judged Open Exhibition. The aim is to celebrate the work of established and emerging artists and launch our newly rebranded art galleries.
Work in the following media will be considered for exhibiting
- Original Prints
Successful work will be displayed in the Malthouse gallery and the Courtyard gallery between 7th August -23th August 2019
An invited judging panel will choose the work to be accepted and the aim will be to have a well-balanced exhibition with work from as many genres as possible.
There will be three categories to be judged
- Judges Choice £150 prize
- Judges runner up £50 prize
- Town Mill Volunteer’s choice £50 prize
There are two choices for submission into the open event
A Submission fee £25
- Two pictures not hung here previously, may be submitted for judging plus
- Two additional mounted items for inclusion in one of our browsers plus
Should your work not be selected for hanging you may still have unframed pictures included for sale in our browsers.
Browser items may be originals or prints.
B Submission fee £15
- One picture not hung here previously, may be submitted for judging plus
- One mounted item for inclusion in one of our browsers
As an open exhibition we welcome artists to steward for a minimum of one day during the exhibition, please indicate any dates you would not be available for this
Please note that all work submitted must be for sale and commission will be charged at 30%.
Selling prices should be inclusive of the 30% commission fee.
Entry forms and payment must reach us by Friday 2nd August 2019.
All work will need to be delivered on Saturday 3rd August from 11am-4pm
Please note there is no parking at the mill
If you need to arrange an alternative date/time-this must be agreed in advance.
Entrants will be informed by e mail if their work is not selected for the Open exhibition held in August. If so pictures will need to be collected either Monday 5th August 11am-2pm or during Tuesday 6th August.
The Winners will be announced at a prize giving event on Wednesday 7thth August 5pm-7pm Everyone welcome
Conditions of entry
- Work submitted must be available for sale and have not been hung in either the Malthouse or Courtyard Gallery previously.
- Work for hanging will be subject to selection. The judge’s decision will be final.
- Pictures may be submitted to a maximum size, including frame of 80cm on any side, this restriction does not apply to 3D work, but please discuss size and weight if large.
- Browser pieces to be included should be mounted, labelled, backed with card and covered in cellophane.
Submission day etc
- Delivery is Saturday 3rd August between 11am-2pm. Please note access to the Mill is limited so a time slot will be allocated or a pre -agreed alternative
- The exhibition will close on Friday 23rd August 3pm – unsold work can therefore be collected from 3pm -5pm or Sunday 11am-2pm
- Please note we have very limited facilities to store work so please discuss with us any issues arising from delivery or collecting items (Items that have not been collected will incur a storage fee)
Presentation of work
- All work must be clearly identified and labelled. Labels must include the name of artist, medium, title and price
- On 2D work for hanging, an extra label (luggage type label) with these details strung to the pictures mount, that can hang over the front of the picture, is required for use whilst hanging and matching up wall labels, it will be flipped out of site once matched with its wall label.
- String centrally fixed is required for our hanging system
- Clip frames are not accepted nor flat plate fixtures, they will be rejected. If unsure about presentation please get in touch in advance of delivery.
- The exterior size of the work should be no more than 80×80 cms. This does not apply to the height of a sculpture.
- The Town Mill Galleries will take every care with the work submitted but it is the artists responsibility to insure against problems during transportation, deterioration and accidental damage.
- Work can not be stored before the day od acceptance or after the exhibition finishes without prior agreement (this may incur a small charge)
Please include with your entry form your payment and brief artists statement/biography (to be made available to visitors during the exhibition)
Contact for further information or clarification on any point
Petrina Muscroft email@example.com
Town Mill Galleries Mill Lane Lyme Regis DT7 3PU
01297 444 042
Town Mill Galleries Open Exhibition 7th August – 23rd AugustBack