Enter Today Photography Exhibition
Embracing Life a Positive Negative
16th February- 1st March Malthouse Gallery Lyme Regis
Town Mill Galleries Lyme Regis are inviting all photographers to submit work for our Open Exhibition. The aim is to celebrate the work of established and emerging photographers
Work in the following media will be considered for exhibiting
- Digitally worked images
Work will be displayed in The Malthouse Gallery between 15th February -1st March 2020
There will be one category to be judged
- Town Mill Volunteer’s choice £25 prize
There are three choices for submission into the open event
A Submission fee £15
- Two images, may be submitted for judging plus
- Two additional mounted items for inclusion in one of our browsers plus
- One Book to be sold
Embracing Life, A Positive Negative
B Submission fee £25
- Four images, may be submitted for judging plus
- Four mounted items for inclusion in one of our browsers
- Two books to be sold
C Submission fee £35
- Eight images, may be submitted for judging plus
- Six mounted items for inclusion in one of our browsers
- Four books to be sold
There will be no cards sold at this exhibition as The Courtyard Gallery will be open as an art retail area from 1 Feb to 23 April 2020. Please ask for details if you wish to be part of this opportunity too.
As an open exhibition we welcome artists to steward for a minimum of one day during the exhibition or two half days minimum,
Please note that all work submitted must be for sale and commission will be charged at 30%.
Selling prices should be inclusive of the 30% commission fee.
Entry forms and payment must reach us by 10th February 2020.
All work will need to be delivered on Saturday 15th February from 11am-4pm
Please note there is no parking at the mill
If you need to arrange an alternative date/time-this must be agreed in advance.
Conditions of entry
- Work submitted must be available for sale.
- Pictures may be submitted to a maximum size, including frame of 80cm on any side.
- Browser pieces to be included should be mounted, labelled, backed with card and covered in cellophane.
Submission day etc
Delivery is Saturday 15th February from 11am-4pm
- Please note vehicle access to the Mill is limited
- The exhibition will close on Saturday 29th February unsold work can therefore be collected from 3pm -5pm or Sunday 11am-2pm
- Please note we have very limited facilities to store work so please discuss with us any issues arising from delivery or collecting items (Items that have not been collected will incur a storage fee)
Presentation of work
- All work must be clearly identified and labelled. Labels must include the name of artist, medium, title and price
- On 2D work for hanging, an extra label (luggage type label) with these details strung to the pictures mount, that can hang over the front of the picture, is required for use whilst hanging and matching up wall labels, it will be flipped out of sight once matched with its wall label.
- String centrally fixed is required for our hanging system
- Clip frames are not accepted nor flat plate fixtures, they will be rejected. If unsure about presentation please get in touch in advance of delivery.
- The exterior size of the work should be no more than 80×80 cms.
- The Town Mill Galleries will take every care with the work submitted but it is the artists responsibility to insure against problems during transportation, deterioration and accidental damage.
- Work cannot be stored before the day of acceptance or after the exhibition finishes without prior agreement (this may incur a small charge)
To request an entry form or for further information or clarification on any point
Contact Petrina Muscroft
firstname.lastname@example.org Town Mill Galleries Lyme Regis DT7 3PU 01297 444 042